At the end of the horse and buggy days cars also line up to meet the train at the station.
Central Avenue looking north, a view of the west side of the street, ca. 1950, showing Woolworth’s and the Avenue Hotel, old landmarks now gone.
The east side of Central Avenue looking north shows two-way traffic, ca. 1950, now changed to one-way. The Princess Café is still a landmark.
Circa 1950, a traffic cop in the centre of Central Avenue once directed the flow of cars on the busy corner where Kresge’s once stood.
St. Paul’s School with teachers and students in the early days, across the street from the first Sacred Heart Cathedral (1892-1914). Above the Cathedral portals stands a bronze statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a gift from the people of Montmartre, France. This statue stands above the entrance of the present Cathedral built in 1914.