The Webb Motor Fire Apparatus Company was started by a racing car driver named A.C. Webb in Vincennes, Indiana, ca. 1907. In 1909 it moved to St. Louis, Missouri, where according to the Corporations Division of the Office of the Secretary of State it was incorporated on 15 November, with A.C. Webb as President.
On 21 July, 1911, the company filed an Affidavit of Dissolution and gave consent to Webb, Frank R. Tate, John O. Glanville, D.B. Blossom and H.W. Femmer to use the Webb name for a new company, incorporated the same day. This new company was "Administratively Forfeited" just over two years later on December 2, 1913 (meaning that it was no longer "in good standing" with the Secretary of State's office; usually this is the result of failing to file an annual report listing officers and directors).
During 1913 the company appears to have moved to Allentown, Pennsylvania. Its address is listed as 119-141 South 3rd Street. The officers were: A.C. Webb, President and General Manager; Charles J. Ross, Secretary; and J.M. Macl[ean?], Treasurer. However it does not seem to have lasted out the year. While there are references to company products as late as 1914, these were likely delivered after the factory closed.
Webb primarily made motorized hosewagons on its own chassis. However, it also utilized Thomas automobile chassis for its pumpers. The Thomas chassis was known for speed, having won the 1908 New York to Paris round the world race. In its pumpers Webb utilized both Mine piston and Mine rotary pumps, with an engine take-off.
The western Canadian agent for Webb equipment was Robert S. Bickle of Woodstock, Ontario.
As of April, 15, 1913, he could claim 24 Webb motor apparatuses in service in his territory, including
ones in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Prince Albert,
Battleford (Saskatchewan) and Vancouver.